April 24, 2015

Center Stage - Ricardo Schneider

545339_372466392839036_1669598584_n.jpgMeet our new Center Stage artist, Ricardo Schneider!

Ricardo Schneider is a composer and interpreter musician, born in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Through guitar, keyboard and vocals, Ricardo expressed his compositions and reinterpretations of Soul / Blues / Rock, in a mix of acoustic sounds and influences Folk in solo and band recordings. He studied piano from 8 to 13 years old before diving into the world of guitars and acoustic guitars, and from there began to compose and make music, beginning to perform in concerts in 2010.

His compositions and their own identity are the result of influences from various artists mixed, BaiĆ£o to Rock'n Roll, Blues to Reggae.

Describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence.
A personal kind of blues, something created by an urge to put the thoughts out.

What inspires you to make music?
I think my musical influences helps me a lot to focus and create. Everytime that i feel like i’m blocked musically, i just relax and go listen to something new, it always opens my mind. And of course, there’s the people around me, who gives me support and inspiration to play and write.

What aspect of making music excites you the most right now?
We’re living in a time that allow us to discover whatever we want, and absorb it in the way we want. So i guess that freedom i have for create and show my music in so many ways, gives me the satisfaction that i need to keep going.

What are the biggest challenges you face as a musician?
The music world has a lot  of different people, with different jobs, but everyone is connected, so the biggest challenges that i face it’s deal with some people who isn't worried about quality or creativity, who just wanna make the same  thing over and over again. But i’m grateful for meet a lot of open mind musician friends who showed me that this is nothing but  little obstacles we have to pass through.

What's one of your all-time favorite recordings?
I have a lot that I could mention, but the "Physical Graffiti" album from Led Zeppelin really impressed me in a way that i will never forget, it’s a huge masterpiece.

Name three people who have influenced your music, and tell us why.
It's very hard to narrow down to just three, I grew up listening to so many artists, but I think that "The Beatles" gave me a whole world of music possibilities, a lot of different songs but with an identity that makes you recognize them immediately. Their level of creativity was just from another world.


Eric Clapton is really someone who influenced me deeply my whole life. His way of sing and play captivates me since i was a little child. He has an impact in so many lives around the world.
Led Zeppelin is the band that i worship , i think i listened to their entire work like thousands of times, and I’m never going to be tired of it. The sound that these guys made takes me to a place in my head that it’s hard to put in words. For me, they’re the kings.
But like i said, i have so many more influences that i could talk about, from a lot of countries, including a lot of Brazilian musicians who helped me create my identity with their songs and attitudes.

Do you have any recent or upcoming projects you'd like to share with us? Tell us about it.
Yes, I have an acoustic EP coming in the next month, with some home recordings of musics of my own, which i put my blues, folk influences  in it. The name is ‘’From Home’’, and I’ve just release the first single of the Project, the blues song ‘’Days Gone By’’. It’s available on my Jango Radio page and my website: www.ricardoschneider.com , with a lot of other songs of my own and covers too.

What is your ideal or target audience?
I think my target audience is everybody who wants to discover something new, who likes to be in touch with the energy that music gives you.  It’s more than enough for me.

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process.
Yes, I sure do. The process of create music can be very different in each time. I have a lot of ideas for new songs in the middle of live shows, while I'm taking a shower, when I'm walking with my dogs, even at sleep sometimes... The truth challenge is build a song from that first idea, may takes weeks, may takes minutes, but it’s worth it.

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?
The power that Radio Airplay gives us to reach fans, to expose our music to all around the world and connect us with them it’s just amazing. I’m glad to be a part of it...

Do you have a Youtube video?
Youtube link for acoustic video of ''Days Gone By'' :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLKftqrj-r0

Any additional links?
To hear the original version of the song, go to: 

https://soundcloud.com/ricardoschneidermusic/days-gone-by

To hear other songs and videos, check the live dates and connect with my music, go to www.ricardoschneider.com and follow me on Instagram : @schneider_ricardo